Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Cuckoo's Nest

I remember the moment
I knew something was wrong
I was sixteen years old
She seemed 7 feet tall

We made a connection
When I stepped into her world
I saw her
In the corner
A scared little girl

Full of softness
And sadness
Mistrust
And pain

Not knowing
Who to talk to
Not knowing
Who to blame

Her fear made her tremble
Her defenses
A threat
Not considered a person
Rather,
An unwanted family debt


She wanted to run
She tried to hide
Tough on the outside
Broken inside

I remember the moment
Intensity grew
Alarms screamed in the background
I didn’t know what I knew

Selective hearing
Resistance
And pride


Leant my friend
The Giant
To authority’s
Demise

Stretchers
Syringes
Victimizers
And victims



Blindfolds
Medications

Institutions
And silence

Large burly men
Dressed all in white
Stormed through the hallways
With power
And might

With one jab of a needle
The big little girl fell
The nightmares she dreamt of
Came alive in this hell

Authority, degradation
She is overcome
The ‘job’ is complete
She is comfortably numb

I realize today
As I sift through my thoughts
My mind may be different
Though insight
On the dot.

For it's always been with me
Even before I knew
There's something wrong with our system
“IT'S NOT ME IT'S YOU!!!”

No comments:

Post a Comment